It's not the heat. It's the humidity.
Controlling temperature in your self storage facility is just half the battle. It’s humidity that does the real damage. Left unchecked, humidity can cause mold, mildew, dust mites and rust to flourish. It can also cause paper, wood and other materials to break down. Most “temperature controlled” self storage facilities use heating and air conditioning equipment that has only marginal impact on humidity. But with our facilities, you may opt for an Environment Stabilization System (ESS®), developed by LOGIS-TECH. This state-of-the-art system:
- Stops the growth of mold, mildew, corrosion and rust
- Prevents condensation on walls, ceilings and floors
- Eliminates the musty smell caused by moisture
- Protects against the pests that thrive in moist conditions
- Increases revenue for premium service provided by your facility
This patented moisture-controlled technology, developed for the Defense Department, has been used in more than 1.5 million square feet of storage applications and in 1,100 military systems.
Less humidity. More options.
During the past ten years, the industry has seen an emergence of what are called “climate controlled” storage units. Museums, archives and even the Department of Defense count on climate controlled facilities to protect their valuable inventories. By providing a completely stabilized environment, you attract a wide range of customers, both individuals and companies, including those looking to store:
- Furniture and antiques
- Baseball cards and other collectibles
- Archiving documents, records, files and paperwork
- Food samples
- Medicine samples and medical equipment
- Clothes and furniture from dorms
- Office supplies
- Album collections
By providing a humidity-free environment, you also can minimize un-rented spaces due to condensation, customers’ complaints about mold and mildew on their items, additional insurance costs for mold and mildew claims, attorneys’ fees for litigation and remediation costs.